Sunday, October 30, 2011

Avoiding

Have you ever found yourself trying to escape from life around you when there is something that you feel is out of your control? You find yourself doing it unconsciously, without thought, focusing on something inane or of lesser importance. And when it does finally come to your attention, you wince internally, an almost cringe of the gut.

I do not know about anyone else, but I find myself a bit annoyed with these actions within myself when I discover them. I give myself a mental shake. I am reminded I have survived countless tribulations, life-threatening illnesses and emerged on the other side of them renewed and a better person. I am reminded that I never walk alone.

Those remembrances strengthen my resolve to work the solution, to find the right path, to open my heart to possibilities, opportunities and guidance.

So today, I let go of the “I want” statements. Those statements that offer little to guide or solve but keep me revolving around myself and wallowing. Today I focus on actions and working solutions. Today I look at the problem head on and open myself up to the possibilities and opportunities I need to work to accept and move forward.

And I accept that while I have been given glimpses of my future, there is a process that tempers and hones, opportunities that will help me grow into the person I need to be so I am ready to step into the future self I glimpse ahead of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment